The Faculty of Education, Allama Iqbal Open University, welcomes you to come forward in participation of our peer reviewed journal in discipline of teacher education. The journal provides a platform for the publication of the most advanced research in the areas of teacher education. The paper may represent a variety of theoretical perspectives and different methodological approaches. This may rest on the full spectrum of established methodologies from experiments to field observations. The major criteria in the review and the selection process concern the significance of the contribution.
2. General Instructions
- Manuscripts should not exceed 20 pages and must conform to the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA 6th edition).
- The name(s), affiliation(s), and phone, fax, e-mail addresses), permanent and postal address and a brief biography of the author(s) should appear on cover page.
- An Abstract of 200 to 250 words should be submitted with the manuscript.- The authors are requested to check the article thoroughly with spellings, figures, and illustrations, etc., before sending for publication. Incomplete articles will not be entertained.
- The research papers are accepted for publication on the understanding that they have not been published earlier and are not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Research papers/articles should be an original piece, including methodology, contents, data analysis and interpretation.
- Add something new to the existing stock of knowledge.
- The maximum number of authors for an article should not be not more than three.
- Authors should be clearly specified as i) main/corresponding author, ii) co-author, and/or iii) Supporting author.
- Manuscripts will be reviewed by at least three consulting editors/reviewers. This process normally takes 6-12 months.
- After approval, these will be edited thoroughly. If conditionally approved, the authors will be required to revise within a specific time.
- Margins: One inch on all sides except left side with 1.5 inch.
- Font size and Type: 12-pt Time New Roman.- Line Spacing: Double-space throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables, and figures.- Alignment: Flush left (creating uneven right margin)
- Paragraph Indentation: 5-7 spaces.- Pagination: The page number appears one inch from the right edge of the paper on the first line of every page.
- Running Head: The running head is a short title that appears at the top of the pages of a paper or published article. The running head is typed flush left at the top of all pages. The running head should not exceed 50 characters, including punctuation and spacing.
- Referencing: Sources cited appear in parentheses after each reference (direct or otherwise), giving author’s name (unless mentioned in text), year of publication, and page number(s) in the case of direct quotes. Enclose quotes of 40 or fewer words in double quotation marks in the text; indent quotes longer than 40 words in block format; page numbers must be given. List all sources alphabetically at the end of the manuscript under the heading References using APA style.
- Footnotes are not allowed, and the use of end notes is discouraged; however, necessary brief explanatory notes, numbered consecutively and marked in the text with superscript numeral may appear before the References under the heading Notes; citations in notes follow the same format.
- Graphics: Mathematical symbols should be clearly marked. Number the tables and figures with Arabic numerals. Prepare tables using tabs without vertical lines; provide figures, charts, and diagrams in camera-ready form.
- The soft copy of the article complete in all respect and all correspondence regarding contribution to the Journal and other information should be email: email@example.com
4. Section of Research Article
Research articles should present innovative research that clearly addresses selected hypothesis or question. A research article should be divided into the following sections:
(i) Title Page(ii) Introduction(iii) Literature Review(iv) Methodology(v) Results and Discussion(vi) Conclusions(vii) Acknowledgment (if any)(viii) References
The contributors are advised to follow the publication manual APA 6th edition for referencing. The accuracy and completeness of all references are the responsibility of the author(s). A reference list should contain only those references that are cited in the text.References notes referring to material that is not readily available to the public (e.g. reports of limited circulation, unpublished works, personal communication, papers presented at meetings, some technical reports and works in progress) should include as much information as possible to make them retrievable.
6. Tables, Figures and Illustrations
The purpose of tables and figures is to present data to the reader in a clear and unambiguous manner. The author should not describe the data in the text in such detail that illustration or text is redundant. Figures and tables should be keyed to the text. Tables should each be typed on a separate sheet and attached at the end of the manuscript (after the references). Tables will be typeset.
7. Originality of Manuscript
Manuscripts are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they are original material and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
8. Review Process
After a preliminary editorial review, articles will be sent to referees who have expertise in the subject of the articles for blind review. Author(s) contributors will be informed about comments of the referees and will be required to revise the article accordingly, if required.
9. Plagiarism Policy
As per HEC policy, plagiarism will not be accepted in any journal of the Faculty of Education. With the submission author is required to declare the originality of his/her work, properly citing or copying previous publications. If plagiarism is detected during the peer review process, the manuscript may be rejected. If the plagiarism is detected after publication, the publisher has the right to issue a correction or retract the paper.
10. Conflict of Interest
Authors, reviewers or editorial board have to disclose every situation, which could potentially affect the impartial review and publication procedure.
11. Open Access Policy
Open Access is an unrestricted online model that allows the distribution of research papers through the internet to everyone in the global community with no price restraint. Thus, all articles published under open access can be accessed by anyone with internet access. All articles published by the Journal of the Faculty of Education will be freely accessible online to the global community.
Important Note: Authors are required to agree to the Author’s Declaration confirming that the work as submitted has not been published or accepted for publication, nor is being considered for publication elsewhere, either in whole or substantial part; the work is original and all necessary acknowledgements have been made; all authors and relevant institutions have read the submitted version of the manuscript and approve its submission; all persons entitled to authorship have been so included.
Faculty of Education
ICT Building, Room No.111, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.
firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone No: 051-9057713, 9057710